Blog on the Giving Back Screening in NYC on Nov 2nd, 2010 with Meera Gandhi and Mrs Cherie Blair in attendance
November 2, 2010
Source: John Hooks
In last Saturday's Lifestyle Lifter's post, I began a series of posts intended as "Holiday Tips for The Wise".
Today I'd like to introduce you to Meera Gandhi. Her work in tireless support of many charities, non-profit organizations, and for profit ventures are too numerous to list. For a detailed look at what she has done and where she is going, click here. Her latest passion is as Founder of The Giving Back Foundation.
In a article you may read in it's entirety by clicking here , Meera gives six tips for giving during this upcoming Holiday Season:
1. Write a check. The easiest way to make a difference is to donate money to people who are doing work that you believe in. Every bit counts from as little as $10 to a $10,000.
2. Reach out to people. The simple acts of being kind and helpful is truly a way of giving back. If someone asks for your assistance, help out as much as you can.
3. Commit your time. Everyone can spare a few hours during the month. Spend it at your local soup kitchen, working for a charity or mentoring another person.
4. Be kind to yourself. Most people are running around ragged from just their daily routine. Give yourself some time to relax and recuperate. If your own well is dry, you’ll have nothing to give others.
5. If you have to say no, say it in a kind way. It’s not possible to help everyone who asks, but if you refuse kindly and perhaps put the person in touch with someone who can help, you will keep the circle moving.
6. Open up your contact list and share knowledge and experiences. Sometimes, giving can be as simple as helping others through your own knowledge or personal contacts. It requires very little effort on your part, but it can help others immensely.
Her latest project is called Giving Back. Meera has produced a documentary of this initiative and I am privileged to have been invited to a private screening tonight. She has a special mission: "We are to the universe only as much as we give back to it."
I couldn't agree more!
Here is another Holiday Tip to all you smart, impact-full, and well-connected women in my Network:
Put the DVD of Giving Back on your Holiday Gift List! You may purchase a copy by clicking here
. 100% of the proceeds go to the charitable activities of the Giving Back Foundation.
Read the original blog post here